Honeywell is pleased to announce its SEK002 Sensor Evaluation Kit, which provides an easier way to demonstrate and evaluate many of Honeywell’s sensors (Figure 1). The kit interfaces selected sensors to an Arduino™ Uno Rev3 Microcontroller Board, available from most electronics distributors. Free Honeywell software controls the Arduino board to take readings from the sensor (available here: https://sensing.honeywell.com/sensors/evaluation-kit). Sensor measurements are displayed on the user’s PC and can be recorded to a file for further analysis. The sensor evaluation board has sockets or solder pads or pins to receive the following Honeywell sensors (not included with the board):
- ABP Series Basic Board Mount Pressure Sensor (digital output only)
- MPR Series MicroPressure Board Mount Pressure Sensor
- HumidIcon HIH60/61/70/80/9000 Series Humidity/Temperature Sensor
- HPM Series Particle Sensor
The board is then plugged in as a shield board to the user-provided Arduino board. Jumpers allow the user to select the sensor to be used, supply voltage and interface (I2C, UART or SPI).
VALUE TO CUSTOMERS
Quicker, easier sensor evaluation: While Honeywell sensors use industry standard I2C, UART and SPI digital interfaces, the Sensor Evaluation Board and associated Honeywell software simplify sensor evaluation and demonstration by eliminating the customer’s need to develop code before seeing sensor measurements. One sensor may be evaluated at a time. Remote mounting: In addition to being mounted on the SEK002, the sensor can also be mounted remotely if, for example, it is to be mounted in an oven for testing or in a prototype product for proof-of-concept testing of the customer’s end product.
Cost-effective: Provides a cost-effective way to learn about the sensor’s capabilities so customers can make better informed
component decisions faster, and perform a more comprehensive evaluation without needing to develop additional code.
Expedites development: Allows customers to test their product, which helps customers to expedite their development process.
- Uses an industry standard Arduino platform
- Supports HPM Series Particle Sensor, MPR Series Board Mount Pressure Sensor, digital output Versions of ABP Series Board Mount Pressure Sensor, and HumidIcon HIH6000, 6100, 7000, 8000 and 9000 Series Humidity Sensor
- Additional evaluation boards for other Honeywell sensors are in development
- Sensor demonstration
- Sensor testing and evaluation
- Proof-of-concept testing
For more information click here: https://sensing.honeywell.com/sensors/evaluation-kit