Analog Devices ADIS16228 - Digital Triaxial Vibration Sensor with FFT Analysis and Storage
The ADIS16228 iSensor® is a complete vibration sensing system that combines triaxial acceleration sensing with advanced time domain and frequency domain signal processing. Time domain signal processing includes a programmable decimation filter and selectable windowing function. Frequency domain processing includes a 512-point, real-valued FFT for each axis, along with FFT averaging, which reduces the noise floor variation for finer resolution. The 14-record FFT storage system offers users the ability to track changes over time and to capture FFTs with multiple decimation filter settings.
The 20.48 kSPS sample rate and 5 kHz flat frequency band provide a frequency response that is suitable for many machine health applications. The aluminium core provides excellent mechanical coupling to the MEMS acceleration sensors. An internal clock drives the data sampling and signal processing system during all operations, which eliminates the need for an external clock source. The data capture function has three modes that offer several options to meet the needs of many different applications. In addition, real-time mode provides direct access to streaming data on one axis. The SPI and data buffer structure provide convenient access to data output. The ADIS16228 also offers a digital temperature sensor and digital power supply measurements.
The ADIS16228 is available in a 15 mm × 24 mm × 15 mm module with flanges, machine screw holes (M2 or 2-56), and a flexible connector that enables simple user interface and installation. It has an extended operating temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Vibration analysis
- Condition monitoring
- Machine health
- Instrumentation and diagnostics
- Safety shutoff sensing
Evaluation Kit: EVAL-ADIS2
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers.
Kit features include:
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
Evaluation Kit: EVAL-ADIS16ACL1/PCB
The ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ breakout board simplifies the process of connecting ADIS16210 and ADIS16228 products to an embedded processor board or to the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system.
Kit features include:
- Mating connector for the ADIS16210 and ADIS16228
- Standard (1mm, 16-pin) ribbon cable interface for simple connection to a separate embedded processor board
- Compatible interface with EVAL-ADIS2 platform
|Model||Package||Pins||Temp Range (°C)||RoHS|
|ADIS16228CMLZ||MSM LAMINATE||15||-40 to +125||Y|